1. I have a pair of really old running pants that have a permanent stench to them. I still wear them on runs when I go on my own. I guarantee that it would not be pleasant to run with me, but I can’t throw them away – they are still perfectly fine otherwise. They were my very first 1/2 marathon pants, there is sentimental value there folks!
2. I have ESL moments all the time. I mix up words sometimes, for example, I say sea-star instead of starfish. I didn’t even realize I was saying it wrong?! I also have these moments on the blog. I have to re-read each and every post a few times just to make sure my sentence structure is up to par. I mix them up quite often, whoops. Don’t ever make me say “wedding venue” – it’ll come out as “vedding venue” – not cool. And embarrassing.
3. Fruit & Nut Butter on top of a peach is heavenly. Usually this happens with bananas, but peaches are second best.
4. Max (brother) makes dinner for me almost every night. I am not joking. Since I moved to Victoria I have had to make dinner twice, mayyyybeee three times on my own. I have “assisted” in dinner preparations maybe 10 times. And this includes making the salad dressing, a side dish (sweet potato and kale salad), or whip up a pizza dough.
This is what would happen if I had to make dinner.
5. I HATE edemame beans. I used to like them, I would eat them all the time and now I can’t even stand them. This is a huge deal coming from a foodie, but even thinking about them makes me a little nauseous.
It was this night in 2007, that I remember eating them. This was the last time that I enjoyed them. Such a shame. I also cringed when I saw this pic, burst out laughing, and figured you deserve a good laugh too.
…also, I cannot believe how much we’ve changed.
and how short I actually am. In the picture above I am standing on a ledge, not kidding.
6. One of my greatest pet peeves is people who beat around the bush. Can’t meet up at the time we were supposed to/need to reschedule? Okay, that’s fine, just say that – life happens, don’t let me wait hours for you and think you’re still coming. Or maybe you’re going to be late? That’s ok too, I won’t be mad. In fact, I will be SO happy that you told me because then I have time to grab a tea or coffee and not look at my clock thinking about how late you actually are. If you don’t tell me, and you are late, I will be SUPER mad at you for making me wait (within reason, of course). Don’t want to do something? Say so – I won’t be offended, chances are, I probably want to stay home too.
7. Lately, I crave crawling into bed. I know that we all love going to bed but for some reason for the past few weeks I have been overly sleepy. And I don’t just mean I am “really tired” but I find going to bed exciting. It’s really hard to explain (mad struggs here if you can’t tell already). Essentially, I come home from work and I cannot wait to let my face sink into my pillow.
8. Trying to find a decent apartment in Vancouver is becoming nearly impossible. Either it’s all scams, a dump for $1600, a basement suite (cannot.do.that.again.) or miles and miles away from where we actually need to be (UBC, BCIT, etc). Not to mention living in Victoria and Toronto is not exactly ideal when apartment hunting. Ash and I are getting worried.
9. I’m lusting to go to Paris. Dora and I went for my sweet sixteen and I need to go back. Need to. Even just for a few days, I’d do that. 5 days. I don’t want to go anywhere else, just Paris. By myself, with someone, I don’t really care. Let’s go.
Dora strolling in Paris..those were the days.
10. I think I might sign up for This Marathon. And that’s not a typo, it for realsies is a FULL marathon in less than 8 weeks. My friend Hailey and I were talking and I think we’re gonna do it. It’s daunting – 26 MILES in 8 weeks.. that’s crazy, but also fun and exciting and errrmyyyygooooddddd. Let’s do it. (I may die).
11. I’m kinda loving Miley lately. I know, I know.. I’m usually more of a Mumford & Sons type of gal, but what can I say – this song caught me.